PhD/MSc in Microelectronic System Engineering
CEDEC has over the years built-up a strong capabilities and gained international reputation in the field of microelectronic engineering. As for today, CEDEC is the only center in Malaysia that provides EDA infrastructure for VLSI design and integrated fabrication facilities. Our strategy is to pursue excellence by conducting high-impact research, and producing future talents in meeting the demand by industries and research institutions. In fulfilling these objectives, CEDEC offers exciting opportunities for students to undertake high quality research, leading to the award of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Master of Science (MSc) in Microelectronic System Engineering. This is expected to spearhead concerted effords towards creating more human resource focusing on microelectronic design and fulfill our goal as a centre of excellence which acts as an interface between the academic and industrial engineering world in the hope of enhancing teaching and collaborative research.
Analog and Digital IC design
- CMOS technology, Low power op-amp, BGR, LDO etc.
- IOT, IOE, wearable solutions, advance LTE, high efficiency RF front ends, RF energy harvesting etc.
Digital IC Design and System on Chip (SOC)
- Mixed signal, ASIC, 3-D devices, MPSoC, DSP, FPGA etc
Microelectronic System Design
- Applications in manufacturing, biomedical, consumer, internet, communication, transport, security and food production.
Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) devices
- Sensors, CMOS devices, fabrication technologies, graphene devices, energy harvesting devices etc.
- Full time : Min 4 semesters / Max 10 semesters
- Part time : Min 6 semesters / Max 15 semesters
- Full time : Min 2 semesters / Max 6 semesters
- Part time : Min 4 semesters / Max 12 semesters
A Bachelor’s degree with Honours in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.75.
Other qualifications will be considerd on case by case basis.
MSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or related fields (Research mode)
MSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or related disciplines (taught or mixed mode).